DK Shivakumar lays the foundation stone to set up the world’s largest solar power plant. It is the endless effort of Congress Government, CM Siddaramaiah and DK Shivakumar in setting up the first ever largest solar park in Pavagada of Tumkur district in Karnataka.
Pavagada Mega Solar Power project is the world’s largest solar park which is a milestone in the country. The project of 2000MW capacity has been set up in Tumkur district using the barren lands of the farmers. It has been spread over more than 13,000 acres with the land being obtained on a lease basis from the farmers without a single inch of land being acquired.
Pavagada Solar Park is the brain child of Energy Minister DK Shivakumar which has turned out to be the source of living for thousands of farmers as they are being paid of Rs 21,000 per acre annually with a provision to increase 5% every two year respectively.
The solar park is the world’s largest park built in Karnataka with the investment of Rs 14,425 crores, including the central aid say reports. However, the Pavagada Solar Park is financed & co-developed by the Union Ministry of New Renewable Energy (MNRE), the State Govt & developers who pay upfront charges.
Advantages of Pavagada Solar Park by DK Shivakumar
- Apart from the income to farmers, the solar park has generated nearly 4,000 job opportunity for local youth across the five villages of the taluk.
- The solar park is the boost to small-scale industries like hotels, real estate and petty business.
- For setting up world’s largest solar park in Pavagada, DK Shivakumar is acknowledged as a trend setter in the renewable energy space.
- There has been a rapid rise of many solar projects in the state after the Pavagada visionary project instigated by Karnataka Energy Minsiter DK Shivakumar.
- Through Pavagada Solar Park, Karnataka is third largest producer of renewable energy. An excellent vision by DK Shivakumar.
- Pavagada Solar Park to generate 6000MW solar power by 2020.
- It is the first solar park in the country which involves people’s participation in generating the solar power.
- Karnataka’s Pavagada Solar Park is the role model for the country in Renewable energy. 600MW from the solar park to be delivered soon.
- Pavagada Solar Park is the also known as Shaktisthala and it has helped many farmers and their families in economic growth.
Eventually, the people of Pavagada are thankfull to the Energy Minister for giving them the world’s largest solar park. This would not have been possible without his endless effort and appreciable vision of DK Shivakumar.